Lounging in the sand at the beach is great, but let’s face it – not everyone can just sit there all day. If you want to get out and explore coastal habitats while at the beach, here are a few great beaches in Massachusetts for hiking. And don’t forget to submit your favorite beach photos to our contest after you’ve gone out and explored!
The following public beaches are adjacent to state listed coastal hiking areas:
- Barnstable: Bone Hill Beach & Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dartmouth: Apponagansett Town Beach & Knowles Reserve
- Ipswich: Cranes Beach & Cranes Wildlife Refuge
- Newburyport: Plum Island & Plum Island State Reservation
- Orleans: Kent’s Beach & Kent’s Point
Know of other great spots to hike near the beach? Let us know in the comments below!